Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hunting Accident

Roger is a 17 year male who came to the hospital yesterday morning after suffering a hunting accident.  He apparently tripped and fell unto the spear he was carrying. 

When I examined him he had a 3 inch gash in his left anterior chest wall and air was sucking through the wound.  I was able to put my finger between his ribs and feel his heart, not something I have routinely done in the past.  I placed a chest tube then sutured his wound closed. 

Today, he resting comfortably but his abdomen is distended.  I am concerned about his abdomen and hope things improve overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Auto accidents, which are also known as car crashes, vehicle collisions, and other names, occur on a regular basis within the United States. In many cases these accidents can end up causing damage to property, injuries, and even fatalities. When it comes to the auto accident law, there is a lot that you need to know.

    Flora Synergy UltraMeal

    ReplyDelete